Health and Safety
Safety is a fundamental principle at H&P. We are committed to protecting the safety and health of our employees, contractors and the general public while maintaining the quality of the environment in which we operate. We believe that all occupational injuries, illnesses and environmental incidents can be prevented. We are committed to eliminating hazards and effectively controlling those hazards that can’t be eliminated.
Health and safety are managed through and under our Health, Safety and Environmental (“HSE”) function, overseen by senior executives and carried out at every drilling rig and facility worldwide.
Our commitment to health and safety is demonstrated in many ways, including:
- Working with equipment suppliers to improve designs to eliminate or reduce risks
- Integration of safety-by-design into new designs
- Employment of full-time, dedicated HSE staff to assist field operations
- Implementation of written HSE standards, guidelines, safe work procedures and job safety analyses
- Recurring HSE training for employees in operations at all levels within the organization
- Adoption of behavior-based safety learning and processes to engage employees at all levels in identifying and correcting unsafe, at-risk work practices.