H&P designs, builds, and operates rigs on behalf of our customers who explore for and produce oil and gas. We do not buy, lease, prepare, manage or restore land on which rigs are located. As a result of our position in the energy value chain, our need for an opportunity for engagement with the communities in the vicinity of oil and gas operations is limited.
However, we want to be a valuable part of the communities in which we operate, and we are pleased to play our part in helping our employees give back to the communities in which they work, through fundraising and charitable activities, such as:
- We contribute annually to numerous educational, cultural and civic organizations as our way of giving back to the communities in which we do business, including the United Way and the Chamber of Commerce. We also support The Nature Conservancy at the “Corporate Conservator” level
- We have contributed significant capital contributions toward construction of Tulsa’s ONEOK Field baseball stadium situated in the historic Greenwood District of downtown Tulsa and the Helmerich Center for American Research at Gilcrease Museum
- We support our local educational institutions including The Foundation for Tulsa Schools, Oral Roberts University, The University of Tulsa and Tulsa Community College
- We have contributed to other educational institutions in Oklahoma, including Oklahoma State University and The University of Oklahoma
- Our employees give of their time, money, and effort to support area families and charities
- Every year we sponsor a Christmas can food drive, which receives generous employee support