Helmerich & Payne, Inc.
Job Title: SLPC Technician
Location: Tulsa, OK
Supervisor: SLPC Manager
Job Summary: Help support H&P’s operations remotely through the SLPC
Job duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Work a rotation shift to allow for 24 hour call center coverage.
- Work with rig personnel, electricians, and mechanics in solving rig related problems.
- Remotely diagnose problems with the rig control system components including encoders, analog sensors, Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs), Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), various control networks and computers.
- Provide troubleshooting recommendations to field maintenance personnel. This requires a strong technical background, technical communication and technical writing skills, and advanced knowledge of electrical, electronic, instrumentation, and digital control systems. The ability to utilize and direct others in the use of technical drawings, including electronic, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems is also essential.
- Advise field maintenance personnel in the proper employment of electrical and electronic test equipment, including multimeters, oscilloscopes, process meters, and megohmmeters.
- Coordinate the efforts of field maintenance personnel, operations, engineering and 3rd party vendors to expedite high priority repairs.
- Retrieve and analyze historical information from rig dataloggers and other resources for post event reconstruction and to improve performance and reliability.
- Act as the primary liaison between field personnel and engineering for resolving technical inquiries.
- Prepare standardized daily reports to communicate to engineering and operations the current status of the H&P rig fleet.
- Write journal entries and job reports to document rig issues (affected systems, symptoms, operational impact, failed component, corrective actions, time to correct, etc.).
- Identify equipment and drilling performance trends and make recommendations for improvements to maintenance and drilling practices.
- Coordinate with rig, information technology, and networking personnel to ensure all remote diagnostic equipment is operational.
- Must have PC application skills, including presentation, spreadsheet, and word processing products
- Excellent troubleshooting and communication skills required
- Must be flexible and team-oriented
Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org